Sunday, December 17, 2017

Voting for Obama is Racist

Credit: Pete Souza
The Black President?

I’ve not long discovered an exciting black spectre

I have a new hero, a totally fresh discovery for me. His name is Kevin Jackson, author of The Big Black Lie, a critique of liberal America, and host of The Black Sphere website. He was interviewed recently by Melissa Kite in the Spectator, giving his views on Barack Obama and David Cameron, the British Prime Minister, and, oh my, what refreshing and perspicacious views they are!

He said something that I have long suspected though, for me, it was a truth that dare not speak its name – voting for Obama was racist! Let me qualify that by saying I believe that there were a great many people who voted for him more because of the colour of his skin than his merits as a candidate. Jackson is more direct –“They wanted a black president. Racists that they are they voted for the man because he’s black, not because he’s qualified.”

Now just imagine the perfect storm that would arise if a white person had said that. It says so much about inverted racism, the racism of the politically correct liberal left. In the discussion that followed No, We Can’t, an article I wrote for the Daily Telegraph readers’ blog site in the summer of 2010, I made reference to Jimmy Carter’s comment that much of the opposition to Obama was on the grounds of race. It gave him, as I put it, the perfect crutch;

If he is rejected in 2012 it will be because he is a black man, not because he is a rotten leader, a rotten statesman, a rotten politician and a rotten president.

In his interview Jackson adds novel substance to the race argument, approaching it from a wholly different perspective. He told Kite that the majority of people who voted for Obama did so because he was black, a form of racism by any objective measure;

My issues with Obama are that if you take colour off his résumé and look at his ability to run the country, there is no way that he would have been elected. If Barack Obama were anything other than half black, if he were half Chinese or half Irish, there is no way on God’s earth that he would have been elected. He got elected on the basis of colour and that’s ridiculous.

This guy does not pull his punches! On he went, saying that Obama is spending $6.2trillion, more money than the US has ever spent. “…and people don’t want to argue with him? Why? Because he’s black. If he was purple we would be discussing how he’s doubling public spending.”

It’s Jackson’s belief, one that I share, that the American left projects a form of racism based on condescending paternalism. There are strong parallels here with England, where ghettos of welfare dependency were created and nurtured by previous socialist governments. It’s a way of preserving a political constituency, in keeping people helpless, people who believe that they have no other recourse but to hold out their hands to the state.

It’s not just his views on American politics that I found refreshing. He had some pertinent things to say about my own country, with forms of insight that escape so many who should have a native knowledge. In Shopping with Violence, an article I wrote to correct some highly misleading contentions being peddled here about last year’s London riots (www.broowaha.com/articles/10432/shopping-with-violence) I explained that the anarchy had nothing to do with injustice and everything to do with greed. Jackson takes the same view;

Essentially the riots were just a reason for people who are too lazy to have accomplished something for themselves to have an excuse to take something from somebody else. These guys believe that something is owing to them. They have been taught this by the left.

He’s quite right: no excuses should be made for those who destroy their own neighbourhoods and the livelihood of others. He’s also right in pointing out that forms of left-liberal political correctness are beginning to pollute English conservatism. There is David Cameron, the British Prime Minister, insisting on ‘positive discrimination’, on quotas to ensue that more women and ethnic minorities are allowed into Parliament on the Conservative ticket. Jackson’s’ observations here hit right home;

He’s a person who has no core. He’s a fake. He’s completely fraudulent as a conservative because conservatives do not look at people and say “We need this many Asians and this many women…” That is the truest test of a conservative. They judge people on the content of her character.

There are further things that he said about this country that are absolutely spot on, touching on the fragmentation of our national culture and the fashionable obsession with minority rights and sectional interests, one self-interested and self-promoting lobby after another. The leitmotiv here has to be ask not what you can do for your country but what your country can do for you.

Yes, as I say, I have a new hero and it’s not because he’s a black man but a clever man, a sagacious man, a bold man, a man prepared to say all of the right things, and I really do mean right, delivering a powerful left hook.

Anastasia is a writer for BrooWaha. For more information, visit the writer's website.

14 comments on Voting for Obama is Racist

By Notumbus Bumbus on February 05, 2012 at 08:02 pm

Just like any denier of fact, you can make anything sound the way you want it to sound, and still be full of hot air. Twas ever thus. Sayin' it's so don't make it so. Goes both ways.

By Inmyredhead on February 05, 2012 at 09:50 pm

There were 2 million more African American voters in 2008 than in 2004. Ninety six percent of them supported Obama.

Enough said?

By Anastasia on February 06, 2012 at 12:42 am

That's an interesting statistic, Inmyredhead, one I intend to remember. Thanks!

By D. Ware on February 06, 2012 at 09:49 am

Hello Anastasia. Nicely written article but I disagree with the majority of what you've written here. Here's a question for you, "Do you think the majority of African Americans would have voted for a right wing conservative who happens to be black?" If you think the answer is no, then you have to admit that race is not the only factor governing our votes.

We vote for the man or woman who we believe will improve our quality of life. I think that's the case for most voting Americans. Yes, race matters (Cornel West would be proud), but I assure you it wasn't the only deciding factor in why Obama won the White House. the black vote alone could not have put him office. More white folks voted for Obama than black folks. Do you and Mr. Jackson accuse them of racism? I think not.

Again, great discussion and I look forward to reading more of your thought provoking articles.

By Randy Mitchell on February 06, 2012 at 10:05 am

I will definitely check out this author. It sounds like he's pretty accurate. Obama's entire Presidency has been a miserable failure, a horrible socialistic experiment placed on our core values and threatening the economic fundamentals which've made us the finest country in the world. If he's re-elected, God help us, he will continually walk down his path of destruction, leading to his obvious agenda of socialism and debt-crushing entitlement policies. He was placed into office by very powerful people who live to conquer and destroy our economic system. His color means nothing to me, his policies do and they are destroying America. I believe America has woken up, and realized we cannot afford another 4 years of this. Like many, I listened and had moments of excitement while he was running, then I quickly awoke.

By Anastasia on February 06, 2012 at 05:49 pm

D Ware, that’s a good question. The honest answer is I simply don’t know. Black voters, in the main, tend to support the Democrats, so possibly not. But those extra millions that Inmyredhead refers to did not suddenly appear because they had discovered a fresh enthusiasm for a Democrat candidate. No, they judged, to paraphrase Martin Luther King, not on the content of Obama’s character – or his aptitude for high office – but the colour of his skin. Now perhaps if Jackson had stood as a Republican candidate – the party after all that freed the slaves – he may have attracted a similar race vote.

By Anastasia on February 06, 2012 at 05:51 pm

Randy, yes, I absolutely agree.

By PATRICK PETION on February 06, 2012 at 10:18 pm

I disagree with Mr jackson and also with your oppinion. first need to ask you have you ever heard of Clarence Thomas, Condoleezza rice, Herman Cain. do you think the media liberal and liberal in general would be excited if these people want to become president, so believe me that have nothing to do with race. Mr obama is a liberal socialist who happen to be black. in addition obama did not just appear, he is a work in progress, from a group of people who want to destroy us and still our fredom. check obama real history. it not what most people might think. segond obamas is not black, if America want a black president they would go with jessie jackson.

By Anastasia on February 07, 2012 at 12:22 am

Patrick, yes, I have heard of those people though I’m having a little bit of difficulty in following the logic of your argument here. The race dimension seems to me to be axiomatic, the evidence palpable, there whether you agree with it or not. Of course I’m not saying it’s exclusively about race, and I don’t think Jackson is saying that either. There were plenty of white people who voted for Obama because he stood on a Democrat platform, as, indeed, there were black people who voted for him who would equally have voted for Hilary Clinton. But that does not take away from the fact that there was still a racial dimension to the voting. So far as Jesse Jackson is concerned my understanding is that, coming from virtually nowhere, he made a reasonable showing in the 1984 Democrat primaries, so perhaps the same forces were at work.

By Inmyredhead on February 07, 2012 at 12:23 am

You're right Patrick- He is only something like 2%. But the whole point of the 'Hope & Change' hype that the voters fell for, and most would still today marvel at- is the fact that he LOOKS LIKE A BLACK MAN AND STILL BECAME PRESIDENT- period. Every one was/is going around saying,'I've seen history!" "What a historical moment!" "How inspiring!"

It's not because he's half white and mostly otherwise Arabic.

By burgundy1222 on February 19, 2012 at 08:32 pm

let me say i personally think your wrong!! I'am very white and i voted Obama because i thought he was the best one for the job. IQ around 160,young health family man with great ideas. John M.put the nail in his run for president when he picked that half gov. from AK.as his running mate. Whats more i plan on voting Obama again this year.

By Notumbus Bumbus on February 19, 2012 at 09:37 pm

Hmm, let's see - G. Bush - LOOKS LIKE A WHITE MAN, AND STILL BECAME PRESIDENT. Hey you're right, it DOES look suspicious! And more than 2 million white people probably voted for him! Ad hominem, ad hominem, ad hominem - etcum spiri tu tu Oh, My!

By Inmyredhead on February 19, 2012 at 11:30 pm

"G. Bush - LOOKS LIKE A WHITE MAN, AND STILL BECAME PRESIDENT. Hey you're right, it DOES look suspicious!"

I want to ask, what's your point? But I think the point is that you are missing Anastasia's point entirely.

I sure hope future voters base their decisions on more than a guy's IQ, his youth & health, & if he's a family man. Those things have little to do with one's ability to run a country. A lot of people have great ideas. The problem with that though is that there is always another side to those ideas that make them unsuitable for a nation because of MANY factors which most politically unconcerned don't understand. Cause and effect. It's not all rainbows and cotton candy... and young, smart, healthy family men with ideas.

By Anastasia on February 20, 2012 at 02:26 am

Burgandy, please have a look at my response to Patrick above. I'm not saying that it was exclusively racist. I agree wholeheartedly with Inmyeadhead's points - there have to be more cogent reasons for voting people into high office than their perceived intelligence and good looks. Obama's capacity for the Presidency seems to me to be in inverse proportion to his IQ. One would have to go back a long way to find a less effective chief executive, all the way to James Buchanan perhaps. Yes, sure there must be good reasons for voting for Obama (surely there must?) but I find it all but impossible to determine what they are. Let me wish you comfort in your choice. All the best. :-)