Friday, December 15, 2017

Psychic Sonia Choquette: Her Subtle Mind Manipulations?

by Savattra (writer), San Francisco, April 15, 2007

Sonia Choquette claims she wants to lead the world into a six (sick) sensory age. Or does she? Is Choquette giving psychic readings to lead a person back to their divine soul purpose OR is she masquerading as a guide when all she wants is to be a guru? Nothing wrong with being guru ... but there is something to take notice on when being a guru means you are really just hooking peoples' minds for your financial benefit. Sylvia Browne is an obvious mental health warper but Sonia Choquette's capacity to deceive is just as potent if not more for she seems sweeter than dear Sylvia.

Choquette claims to be Catholic but perhaps she is really a heretic. Could it be, based on Sonia's books, that its times for a casting out of her own demons of deception to those seeking validation? Many a New Ager goes into the field in an ego attempt to be special, spiritually superior, and for their own turn as Jesus Christ Superstar except charging money in the process.

San Franciso was named after St. Francis of Assissi ... whose renown as a Catholic saint was his ability to cast out demons. Maybe its time for Bay Area wise ones to see the fraud that Choquette may truly be....

In Diary of a Psychic, she claims Christ taught her to be psychic. So does that mean she can tell us once and for all if the Lost Tomb of Jesus is real? Was she Mary Magdalene? Did she leave the Essene order in her past life to follow Christ? The Gnostic Gospels teach of a more mystical Jesus but consider the audacity of claiming to be a past life friend of the Messiah? If Sonia is true ... this is a public challenge then for her to back her claim with biblical scholars.

Choquette's last great book before she went way too woo-woo was her Trust Your Vibes series: This is a great book on fine tuning your inner gut sense in life. Like Choquette says ... whales have sonar ... birds have radar ... and people have their sixth sense ... this book is very helpful for those trained out of their inner trusting whether by environment or early childhood experiences. Packed with real life stories to build your reservoir of trust in your own gut sense!

Sonia Choquette's 'The Psychic Pathway' was introduced to me in 1996. I read her work, had a total of five personal consultations with her 18 months apart, went to a few workshops in Chicago, and continued to follow her newer material when she began working with Hay House. This is probably one of the last of her great writings. Sadly, Choquette's woo-woo has gotten out of hand. The gift that brought her public recognition isn't what it used to be after this book was released. Now she is all about channeled guides and other far out theories ... no longer sounding like the self that got her where she is today. Sure a writer adapts but Trust Your Vibes is a fantastic last look at the real Sonia before her soul teaching turned into more of keeping up her game than being of service. This happened to other great psychics .... the fame and fortune they craved resulted in loss of accuracy in the end. Get this book and savor the final authenticity of Sonia before she went woo-woo overload and claimed past lives as a rock star on Saturn. I kid you not she said this on her radio show so the evidence is out there. What finally had me realize she had completed her role as a guide in my life was her endorsement of Archangel Chamuel ... which as a Catholic ... exceeded my spiritual comfort zone. For the record, there are only 7 archangels and none of them is Chamuel. I doubt this will prompt the psychic Choquette to figure out who I am since ... SHE TELLS MANY PEOPLE THE SAME THING IN HER $400-$800 PSYCHIC READINGS. Choquette is FAMOUS PSYCHIC ... but I doubt she can tell who I am writing this because when she told me about Archangel Chamuel being my guide (or perhaps demonic buddy) she told 5 OTHER PEOPLE THE SAME THING!

On her Hay House radio show every segment she predicts marriage, becoming a published writer, telling someone they are psychic, etc etc etc ... because we are a soul group. Either that or she is fraud who is fooling emotionally desperate people who need assurance from a woo-woo wise one. Chiquette is not a guide she is a not so cleaver intuitive teacher with empathic skills who is out to create an illusion. Things she predicts don't come true and she will blame you for changing the energy even when you did follow her instructions.

Choquette plays a blame game in the metaphysical name it and claim it theology of God being a waiter to grant your wish. This kind of though process is capable of sending a vulnerable person into a spiral of insecurity. Choquette's Attunement to Higher Vibrational Living is relaxing but confusing perhaps because she herself is lost in a world of spiritism without much grounded thinking. The chanting and singing were soothing but this take on shamanic/boddhisattva suutra energy clearing got a tad unstructured. This is a good set for actual ritualistic work but it echoed of a mish-mash of spiritual woo-woo hymns. Raising vibration is more than metaphysical work ... it is the nuts and bolts or prayer, fasting, and solid grounding in God's words. Nonetheless, this is a CD set that will relax but I disagree that it attunes your vibration. If anything, it will spiritually confuse you and quite possibly attract spirits into your energy system that may tamper with you. Choquette's is crossing a line calling on "Mother/Father God" and Holy Spirit outside the proper context of prayer and reverance and mixing it into a pagan practice of calling in spirits who may not be of God. That is my bias so ... just be aware that if this material makes you uncomfortable, it's YOUR intuition telling you something.

So why am I picking on Sonia? Let's just say in the name of consumer protection AND having known many Bay Area students whom she read and who became so distorted in their thinking it required secular social workers to deprogramm them ... I am alerting the city named after St. Francis of Assissi to ... be alert for frauds in your mystic mist.

Savattra is a writer for BrooWaha. For more information, visit the writer's website.

28 comments on Psychic Sonia Choquette: Her Subtle Mind Manipulations?

By Savattra on April 24, 2007 at 02:22 pm
Not sure what you are talking about because I can't give star ratings for my own reviews. My articles are in the spirit of consumer protection and I have always found Choquette, Williamson, and Virtue, amouung others suspect even though their first round of books had good things to say. The position on all their works has been this way from the very beginning but I'll admit I have gone from neutral but suspect in my opinion towards very concerned about the woo-woo overload distorting spiritual truth. I am a lawyer after all.

By Savattra on April 24, 2007 at 02:30 pm
P.S. ... You did ask what happened? The answer is in my response. As a fellow Chicago native and Catholic I did get a reading with Choquette because I was undergoing a stressful time with the Illinois bar and was urged by an old University friend to see her. Her early books were nice enough sounding. So I did and there was nothing Catholic in her spiritual guidance which made me so confused for a few weeks thinking it was me until the person who referred her to me admitting she had the same experience along with other clients she recommended see her. If Choquette had been a $50/hour reader I would have written it off but at $400 a consumer has a right to say "wait a minute".

By Savattra on April 25, 2007 at 06:11 pm
The reason I feel so strong about my article warning people against certain writers is the following book: Ransomed from Darkness: The New Age, Christian Faith and the Battle for Souls by Moira Noonan

By Annonymous on April 28, 2007 at 03:49 pm
Sonia Choquette does say the same things over and over again when giving readings on her Hay House radio show. I have heard this myself and found it odd too. Savattra is pointing out something to consider before parting with your hard earned money.

By Annonymous on May 12, 2007 at 08:21 pm
Yes ... she is a fraud!

By Ol' lady on January 17, 2008 at 09:28 pm

Katherine Alexandra Christensen...... AKA SAVATTRA I think you need to stop bashing all of these successfull women (I did a search in regard to the comments you've posted about other writers/speakers that are quite successfull. It seems to me that you are on a personal vendeta of some sort.  In some of your postings you identify yourself as a "I am a lawyer, a Catholic, and an intuitive healer.." Hmm, intuitive healer lawyer. Plese get a life and stop bashing others who obviously are quite more successful than you are if you have all this time to write about people all these awful things. Why don't you keep your negative views to yourself before someone sues you for defermation of character? I am sure the public can make an informed consent on their own or you think they are dumb sheep that you need to lead? And besides, there is regional accreditation and other sorts of accreditations. In one of yoru posts you said that Sonia Choquette had a "fake degree" Please, woman, her degree is accredited by the drugless association. By the way, in which of hte 50 states are you a licensed lawyer? Elswhere you wrote that you had had a problem with the board in Chicago and that is why you allegedly paid $400 to Choquette to do a psychic reading to you. I mean, give me a break!!!

By Savattra on July 26, 2008 at 11:19 pm

Just to clear some things up - I am not against women healers and true psychics. If you notice I recommend Laura Day, Dr. Mona Lisa Schultz, Dr. Judith Orloff, Penney Peirce, and Marcia Emery. In the world of psychics and healers be as discerning as you would when selecting a mechanic.

By Savattra on August 04, 2008 at 09:28 pm

In the world of psyhic phenomenon not all things are the same. Like I have stated before its like going to a care mechanic ... some are excellent with a fair price and others are rip off artists.  People go to these healers when they are vulnerable. The sad part is that being vulnerable can quickly lead to exploitation. This is what I am getting at. I don't expect people to agree with me. I only have seen more damage done to those who have turned to certain healers in the public eye. It is sad and could have been avoided. As for allegations of jealousy .... if I were truly jealous why am I promoting those who are also Hay House authors who are also healers?  I would be criticizing them as well if I was.

By the way nrb: If you're Sonia herself thanks for sharing. If your're not, consider something ... look at the pattern of her clients in her own books. One woman went for a reading and her house burned down. Another had her boyfriend leave her for her best friend. Yet another had breast cancer. I could go on, and these are in Sonia's own words, which makes me wonder if these people who admire her are somewhat in a "negative energy" or if "they are living lives with patterns that are negative" or "if Sonia is somehow bad luck in herself to see in the end". Just my thoughts.

By Eloise on November 07, 2008 at 11:15 pm

I was looking up Sonia Choquette's website, when I came across your article, and I just have to mention that I have consulted a few psychics, and Sonia is the real deal.  I have my Master's in Counseling Psychology, and I am a true skeptic.  When I went to see her the first time, at age 16, she predicted things I couldn't even have imagined.  Now at 39, after speaking with her again, I am convinced of her ability. She is very successful, and she has definitely honed her skills over time. I would recommend her to anyone who is ready to hear the truth and who is ready to move on and take control of his/her life.

By Arkaynne on January 03, 2009 at 12:50 am

From Wikipedia; Camael (Latin Camael), (also known as Kemuel, Kamuel, Shemuel, Chamuel, Camiel, Camniel, Zamael, Saraqâêl or Cancel) is an angel in Judeo-Christian mythology and angelology, and is often included in lists as being one of the seven archangels. He is claimed to be the leader of the forces that expelled Adam from the Garden of Eden. He is mentioned in the Book of Enoch[1]

Several modern forms of the name are "Camil","Camille","Camilla","Camilo","Camilio", and "Cammoul".

Camael is also known as the archangel of pure love. The name "Camael" means "He who sees God".

Due to the Vatican's decision to ban the veneration of angels not mentioned in the Bible, Camael is not recognised by the Catholic Church

I don't claim to know all there is about angels but I have read about Chamuel in several books as being listed as an archangel. Then again it depends on what religion you are talking about when refering to angels. Just my 2 cents..

By sera18ph on March 11, 2009 at 05:39 pm

It's unfair to judge someone as a fraud or crazy just because of the simple fact that you think that what they say sounds impossible. Additionally, if you actually read spiritual texts, guides can be in many different places at once, so people having the same guides is not unheard of.

By Canopy Gallery on September 03, 2009 at 04:32 am

I am surprized by your condemnation, but I have never had a private reading with Sonia.  I have read several of her well written self-help books and attended a few workshops.  She was generous with her time and attention in her workshops and received good feedback from her audience.  Her work, as I see it, is to encourage individuals to become spirited, freeing themselves from negativity and trusting themselves and their relationship with God.  She's a friend and associate of another writer who has brought me to know God in my life, Julia Cameron.  Before Ms. Cameron,  I was agnostic.

"Take what you can use and leave the rest," is a motto I live by.

By integrityseek on November 11, 2009 at 10:37 pm

Self help books are useful.  I like the motto "take what you can use and leave the rest.  My complaint about people like Choquette is that they charge rather exhorbitant prices such as $400 for a reading by leading the recipient to believe that, somehow, they have figured out life in a better way than you have.  In the end, we have ourselves to blame.  At least Choquette does not hold herself out as a therapist like some of these other frauds do.  A quick Google of her credentials shows that she holds degrees from the American Institute of Holistic Theology, a school that is not recognized on a national level.  At least she does not call herself Dr. Choquette.  I once had a relationship with one of the graduates of this school who did call herself a Dr.  She is a complete phony who charges $200 per hour and actually tried to treat members of my family once our relationship ended.  She was abusive and quite cruel, and was inappropriately referring to herself as a therapist without appropriate state credentials.  There are many charlatans out there which constitute an injustice who pursue legitimate degrees and ultimately help people process their personal pain in an appropriate way.  While I will not judge Ms. Choquette, I will say thank you to you Savattra for reminding us to keep our eyes open and ask the right questions in an effort to obtain the appropriate help from properly licensed practitioners

By irish rose on November 15, 2009 at 08:00 pm

I think canopy gallery said it well.Looking back in the archives, savattra has written several commentaries on Sonia Choquette, all negative & biting, and just a tad obsessed, one might say.  I wonder if savattra feels the same about the wonderful psychic James Van Praagh, who also makes a very nice living from his gifts(lectures, cruises, books, etc.) JUST like the evil Sonia Choquette! Mr. Van Praagh also tells us to connect with our guides, and many of his teachings mirror Sonia's.

By duran on January 13, 2010 at 02:41 pm

I'm sorry to hear that about Sonia. I like her. I can imagine the temptations coming to someone when folks follow them around as if gold dripped from their lips. They may have imagined that they were done with their egos, that they had squashed them with hours of meditation and mind control.

But then they wouldn't be here if they had accomplished that. If you're human, you have an ego. The clever shunned ego just finds an entrance into the spotlight again. Maybe by convincing his owner that he was a good buddy of Christ a couple of lifetimes ago.
"My ego would never suggest anything so wonderfully holy! It must have been my angel spirit-guide talking to me!"

How embarrassing.

By Brenda Jacobi on January 14, 2010 at 01:46 am

I can see why a catholic would have a hard time trusting Sonia, Doreen or Marianne, I too was born and raised Roman Catholic.

However, I chose to adopt my own faith now. One that works for me. I see myself as an apostle in that I too have the privilege of growing my faith just as stealthily and unbelievably huge as the apostles did. Imagine that, living in a time where one professed he could rebuild the church in just 3 days.

What may todays' challenges of "body and blood" of Christ be?

I find it miraculous and AWESOME that even I, a citizen of today have the opportunity to grow my soul as profoundly as the apostles of Christ's time did.

So of course, our opportunities have new faces, The thing I am curious to do is go deeper. What's underneath.

Sonia and others can charge what they do because they are highly sought after. Yes, they are trusted and yes energy flows. It grows and changes with currents and lays of land. The individual is always in charge of their choices and yes, these choices determine the outcome. Our energy like our thoughts change and grow. So of course, new outcome...

Maybe this is the biggest challenge of all. Taking responsibility for ourselves regardless of what a psychic predicted. Trusting ourselves!!!!!and OUR OWN connection...

What felt off when you were doing what they said...? Where did you know something they did not but acted outside of what YOU knew????

I'm glad you voiced your opinion! I'm glad I now stay grounded in my own!!! I LOVE Sonia!!!!

By EllieRosandra on September 23, 2011 at 07:34 pm

I think...

If you don't like New Ager/Catholic/Psychic Sonia Choquette (whatever she is), then don't get consultations with her for crying out loud. It took you five consultations before you decided you didn't like her and she was a fraud? Please.

Is it that you spent all that money and now you're resentful because you felt you didn't get enough in return? Your article sounds like it is motivated by your own unhappiness and resentment somewhere. Not sure what of. Not so much like you're motivated by concern for the consumer. Sorry. Just "trusting my vibes" as they say.

PS - just did a search for this article as I lost it "Sonia Choquette" I wrote in the search bar and found loads of other articles by this author basically saying 'Sonia Choquette is evil". Ho ho ho. Someone's got a bit of a vendetta.

By spitfire on October 14, 2011 at 10:06 am

My question concerning Sonia is: is her motive to help others? Or make money? In my mind, if she were authentic she would simply ask for donations. What about people who dont have the money for her books and workshops? It would seem to me that these people need her help more than the people who can afford $400 to get her help. I wonder if money is a corrupter of people's motives and clouds the good that they seek to do? She definitely has a message to share that can be helpful, but why seek to become rich by it? What is she doing w all the money she's making? Donating it to the needy?

By TonyBerkman on October 15, 2011 at 04:37 pm

Who is she?

By Menava on February 08, 2012 at 03:06 am

I have to agree with Spitfire above. I have read many of Sonia's books, and received much comfort and guidance from her words. I just tonight was compelled to look her up online and see if it was possible to get a reading from her. It is $400 for 30 minutes and $800 for 60 minutes, and for couples it's something like $1500 or $1900. It sounds as if though, she can quickly get to your souls lessons, purpose, path, etc, and set you on your way to the life change you are seeking. I believe this and I see the value in the service she provides, however, I (a single mother of a small child) cannot pay that much, and so I agree, that many people who can't go to workshops in Australia, or spend 400-800 dollars on a reading, are missing out. And yes, the people unable to pay are often needing much help and guidance, though I'm sure the rich have their troubles as well. I did feel that this article did have a bit of a resentful tone, and that is never a good place to be coming from. Just adding my two cents to the mix. It asks you to rate the article and I have to say because of the negativity in it I had a hard time rating it good, but I didn't want to be negative and say "ok" so I said good. If that makes any sense. : )

By getrealplease on April 26, 2012 at 02:15 pm

Please ! At $800/hr for a reading she isn't helping anyone but herself to your hard earned money. I've seen many psychics in my day...when they start charging the equivalent of a car payment or more for a reading.....they are no longer psychics, but extortionists.

By spitfire on December 14, 2012 at 10:43 am

I still dont understand why it has to be about exhorbadant fees?

What about people who dont have money? Dont they need Sonia's guidance also? Will she let those of us who are struggling w money issues partake of her connection w God?

By TonyBerkman on July 01, 2013 at 12:51 pm

Read the book Trust Your Vibes is a fun and inspiring book.

Quote:

“Trusting your vibes is a way of life that creates a partnership with God and moves through you each day as though it were a dance with the Divine. What you will discover when practicing these six-sensory secrets is that for every step you take toward Divine Spirit by trusting your vibes, it will take a step toward you—and together, you’ll create a life of grace, harmony, simplicity, and abundance. This may seem far-fetched and unlikely to the five-sensory person, but to the six- sensory psychic and soulful person, this is only the beginning. It keeps getting better and better.”

~ Sonia Choquette from Trust Your Vibes

By riginal on July 02, 2013 at 05:20 am

The only sensory sense i couldn't come to grips with was the non sense emanating from my children through their 'growing up' phase but it passed...and so too should the bullshit emanating from people who want exorbitant amounts of money,ie: cults, "i'll help you find yourself just let me get my metal detector focused on your wallet as i don't accept 'donation' coinage...rather i bring on my 'rustle' detector to rustle up some paper notes or indeed sign up for a 'vacation' of your hard earned from your account to mine!" Blessed be those who live in honesty and to hell with the 'money rakers' and "holier than thou" wankers who want to share their infinite spiritual knowledge with your credit card. Call me what you like...be afraid of what you think about God's retribution if you don't support 'self inoculated' soothsayers and 'money suckers'. I'm not. Because i know what i stand for and what i am...if any doubt creeps in i'll give someone down on their luck a helping hand and maybe a few dollars. We create our own wailing walls to get on in life...cement a brick of 'conscience' in there. Feel the peace. I'll pray for you all tonight as usual. Won't cost you a bloody penny. Maybe the Nirvana of peace you seek is closer than you think,and it's not built out of 'money' or the senselessness that appears to be the be all and pray all that some people project as salvation. Go sit and have a cuppa with your neighbour/s. WHO? I hear you ask! Ask not what religion can do for you...but create your own using the basic "do unto others." Rely on good deeds...basic decency...i swear it works! Give the ATM and your cheque account a well earned rest. You deserve it.Do others with their spiel on humanity and trite observations deserve your dollar deals to suit the wallpaper of their decorative symbolizms of what they decree as right? Bring peaceful thoughts to your life and others...not a pretty painted picture conjured by con persons. Oh! forgot to mention. Don't waste your money. Mow the neighbours' lawn. Works for me. Too simplistic? Jesus didn't have a laptop. Just dispensed 'goodness' to the multitude who indeed "lapped it up." And nere was there heard in that religious dispensation one ring tone or interuption. Save for the sigh of gratefully received blessings. Prove me wrong.

By TonyBerkman on July 02, 2013 at 11:33 am

probably their dad ;)

By riginal on July 02, 2013 at 06:54 pm

as the wise man said to the foolish one. "i only exist because of your stupidity...i am only guaged and therefore engaged in enligntened conversation because of your terrible affliction of non awareness, of your lack of knowledge...but if you are happy in that stupidity then please exist as my mirror of contentment for isn't each one of us endowed with or at least have the capacity to feel joy however humble? Prove me wrong. But in your downtreading of my meagre intelligence do you not feel 'happy' in your aloofness of brainical superiority...do you not point at me and sneer..."if i were stupid too then people would not acknowledge me at all therefore the 'lowest common denominator of intelligence' could not be quantified due to the lack of a silliness guage.IE: stupidity is a tentative thing and people who tent to think and act smarter than others have indeed the propensity to choke on their intent...or possibly out of it? One may not soar with the eagles but don't we all flap to the tune of "life's wonderful, wake up and laugh or be grounded in the thermal undercurrents of "i'm so smart because you're so stupid therefore i need your comparitive stupidity to bolster mine to a higher plane..."first class of course. But don't us silly people laugh at the freedom of being. I like to watch...life ticks on...rather be a silly half hour than a highly intelligent statue of morbidity and angst.So unleash your flaps and flap...:>) If none of this makes sense then i guess you're just too dang intelligent?

By TonyBerkman on July 02, 2013 at 11:04 pm

that's grounding :) thanks rginal ... needed to hear it

By riginal on July 03, 2013 at 01:37 am

you'll be married one day Tony and absurdity will haunt you till your last breath.Get a pet monkey...don't become one! Only kidding...life is great and wife is what you make it...sorry...life,life! I always get my w's and l's mixed up! If it wasn't for women man would not be where he isn't today. If i had my way i'd put every woman on a pedestal...they are wonderful and so pleasant to have around. I hear you say "a round what?" I'm serious here. In a round about way. Keep up the good work,whatever you do Tony...kidding!!! Must go...the wife fell off her pedestal...now she wants me to kiss it better! My life is one demand after another. Wouldn't swap her for all the coffee in Costa Rica. Bean there done that!